2013 Look Back
As 2013 draws to a close, we look back and say "Where did the year go?" "Did I accomplish everything on my list?" I must say that yes darn it, I think I accomplished pretty much what was on my list (well at least the ones that I REALLY wanted).
January: celebrated pollito's 2nd birthday; adopted Toby
February: celebrated hubby and big kid's birthdays
March: began a series of evaluations; got an advocate; filed for an impartial hearing; set the wheels in motion to get big kid in the proper setting
May: received Nickerson Letter; applied to several non public schools - rejected to all; signed up big kid for VIP Soccer; All You photo shoot for September issue
June: summer fun begins; long overdue vacation to Orlando
July/August: more summer fun; mental break; big kid went to summer school, beach, park, zoo; date nights with hubby; made new friends; hung out with good friends
September: back-to-school; Fall Soccer for big kid; my modeling debut in All You hit the stands
October: celebrated my birthday; Halloween fun; got a new dog, Thunder (Toby didn't work out)
November: EPIC month; finished up evaluations, visited a nonpublic school and big kid was ACCEPTED; IEP meeting to get big kid out of public school and into nonpublic school
December: Big kid wrapped up the month in the old school and started his new school for a couple of days; Christmas; vacation; had weight lifted off my shoulders. Looking forward to 2014
Resolutions, Goals, Whatever-You-Want-to-Call-it
In 2014 I resolve to:
1. Take better care of myself. I spent 1 1/2 years focusing on big kid and pollito. It's now time to be good to myself. Splurge here and there with more mani/pedis or massage treatments. I'll be celebrating a milestone birthday this year - therefore I must take the time to look and feel fabulous, not like an 80 year-old. (No offense to the 80 year-olds out there!)
2. Patience/Tolerance. This one I've been working on since birth.
3. Pay it forward. There are many little angels that have come my way to help in one form or another. I am grateful for all they have done. Now it's time to help others any way I can. This will be an ongoing resolution.
4. Make more time for friends/family. I've been a hermit for a bit too long. I want to spend time with those who have stuck by me, those who understand our family dynamic, those that are positive forces in our lives. Those who inspire and motivate me to be a better person.
5. Blog more! I started writing this blog a little over a year ago. I've been posting randomly, sometimes 3 months before my next post. I will try my best to write more often. Writing is therapeutic for me. While I'm not a journalist or writer, I do find sharing my story as a way to help me lift some of the weight off my shoulders. It helps me clear my head and in some cases help others.
6. There's a Spanish saying: "Siempre adelante nunca para atrás" (Always forward never backwards). Look back at my life and learn from mistakes in order to move forward.
I hope that the new year brings you peace and blessings and may all your goals/dreams/resolutions be realized in the new year. Cheers to 2014!
God Bless.
Resolutions, Goals, Whatever-You-Want-to-Call-it
In 2014 I resolve to:
1. Take better care of myself. I spent 1 1/2 years focusing on big kid and pollito. It's now time to be good to myself. Splurge here and there with more mani/pedis or massage treatments. I'll be celebrating a milestone birthday this year - therefore I must take the time to look and feel fabulous, not like an 80 year-old. (No offense to the 80 year-olds out there!)
2. Patience/Tolerance. This one I've been working on since birth.
3. Pay it forward. There are many little angels that have come my way to help in one form or another. I am grateful for all they have done. Now it's time to help others any way I can. This will be an ongoing resolution.
4. Make more time for friends/family. I've been a hermit for a bit too long. I want to spend time with those who have stuck by me, those who understand our family dynamic, those that are positive forces in our lives. Those who inspire and motivate me to be a better person.
5. Blog more! I started writing this blog a little over a year ago. I've been posting randomly, sometimes 3 months before my next post. I will try my best to write more often. Writing is therapeutic for me. While I'm not a journalist or writer, I do find sharing my story as a way to help me lift some of the weight off my shoulders. It helps me clear my head and in some cases help others.
6. There's a Spanish saying: "Siempre adelante nunca para atrás" (Always forward never backwards). Look back at my life and learn from mistakes in order to move forward.
I hope that the new year brings you peace and blessings and may all your goals/dreams/resolutions be realized in the new year. Cheers to 2014!
God Bless.
What a great idea to do a month to month resolution list! I am going to do this! Thank u! It's a great way to see what u have accomplished! Looking forward to new blog posts!
ReplyDelete