I Think I Can, I Think I Can.... Almost There
This past Thursday was big kid's IEP meeting. Overall it went well. A lot of documents that needed signing and revising.
10 minutes prior to the meeting, I was asked if I had a new psychoeducational evaluation done. Really???? The school set the date for the IEP meeting. Wouldn't it be their responsibility to review the documents they already had and find out if some where outdated? SMH.
After the meeting I had to take big kid to his pediatrician to fill out documents for the bussing. He's grown taller and lost some weight. Yesterday the school psychologist performed another psychoeducational eval but couldn't complete the last 2 items. Big kid was tired and getting upset. He still needed to read a passage answer questions, and flat out refused to do the math portion. Sigh.
The psychologist will finish up on Monday and submit the case to CBST (CBST stands for Central-Based Support
Team, which is an office at the central Department of Education that helps place children in
private special education schools.)
By Tuesday most people will be in holiday mode. I doubt much will get done to review the case. Basically all will be set in motion, just need the funding to be approved.
I hope that we can get all of this squared away before the Christmas break. Until then, big kid is stuck his current school.
This little engine is almost there....

Comments
Post a Comment