Older, Wiser
I'm definitely a year older (can't change that) and a lot more wiser. Ten years ago, I was pregnant with big kid. I had to learn a lot in a short period of time: first time mom, how to care for a baby, how to care for his scar, medical jargon, become a super organizer to keep track of well care appointments, therapists, work, life.
Ten years before that, I was a sophomore in college trying to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up.
Well I grew up ( I think). Still not sure what I want to be lol. But I know who I am and how far I've come. I've loved, I've lost. Failed relationships and friendships, new jobs, opportunities, new beginnings and adventures. Found love and created love! Met spectacular people along the way, all that love/like me just the way I am. Of course there are things that I could have changed in the past, but then it would have changed the course in my life.
I am grateful for every success and failure. I am grateful for the failed relationships and friendships. Why? All of those experiences shaped me to be the person I am today. Sure I have some things to work on. We all do. None of us are perfect. If I changed anything in the past, I wouldn't have my beautiful, sometimes crazy, funny family unit. I wouldn't have some of the best people in my life: some from childhood, college, some amazing coworkers (who are friends and like family) and even internet friends that I haven't met in person yet who have shared similar experiences, support, comfort and laughs. (insert virtual hugs to all of you!).
I want to thank you all near and far for your birthday wishes. Cheers to another year of laughs, experiences and continued friendships, love and support. You all play a part in who I am today.
I'm sure I'll have tons of new things to be grateful a year from today. Cheers to a brighter future full of new beginnings, journeys, personal growth and adventures.
God bless.



Comments
Post a Comment