Aquarian Celebrations

I've been quite busy celebrating birthdays over the past couple of weeks.  All my boys celebrate a birthday within a two week time frame from the end of January until today.  We kicked off the birthday celebrations one month after Christmas with pollito (Jan 27) followed by my sis-in-aw (Jan 30), next up hubby (Feb 1) and last but certainly not least, big kid (Feb 12).   Phew.....

Three months ago, shy of his 2nd birthday, pollito went through a tough time with being diagnosed with Kawasaki Disease. We are so grateful that he recovered pretty quickly before his birthday. We decided to have a small celebration for him with his cousins. But if you know me, you know that I do not know how to scale things down. Lol.  My little pollito LOVES Nick Jr.'s Team Umizoomi.  His love of learning and numbers is insane. So it was a no brainer to have a Team Umizoomi party. However, in Nick Jr fashion, they never have party supplies until what seems like 5 years after the show is on the air (Team Umizoomi aired in 2010). So I had to roll up my sleeves, whip out the glue sticks and scissors, and do everything DIY (except for the cake - I WISH I could take credit for lol).  Shout out to Annie from Annie's Creations for creating this awesome cake!


 Today is big kid's birthday.  9 years old.  My how the time flies.  With two kids celebrating birthdays a little over 2 weeks apart, it gets quite expensive to celebrate both.  But alas, mutha cannot celebrate one and not the other. Today we celebrated big kid's birthday with his classmates.  32 kids, cupcakes, goodie bags and juice boxes. This is probably my definition of small scale party. Lol. 




To me, celebrating their birthdays is a huge thing. It reminds me of the all the milestones and the importance of children to be able to enjoy being kids.  I want them to look back and remember that mommy and daddy always cared for them, loved them and know that we celebrated their lives. Every day is a time to celebrate. Childhood is too short, about 10-12 years before they become pre-teens and want nothing to do with you (yikes!). I want them to enjoy every single second of it.  Even if I'm down to my last $10, I will find a twinkie, candle and a dollar store and DIY decorations to make sure that my kids have a birthday to remember.  This I promise you.  

Happy birthday my loves! May God continue to bless you for all of your days.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day - Special Needs Edition

Lessons I’ve learned from my Son with Special Needs in 2017

Weekend Getaway - Without the Kids