A Day in the Park

On Saturday the weather was beautiful so I decided to take the boys to the park to have some fun and let little one work off all that pent up energy. Of course, I encountered some resistance from big kid. He wanted to go home and just vegg out in front of the tv.i on the other hand do not enjoy being indoors doing nothing when it's beautiful out. I eventually got them both to the park with Nana. Nikolas showed Nana how to get there telling her that she "need to be a little patient ok? It's 7 blocks away" not quite sure where he got 7 blocks from but it was cute. Once we got to the park it was packed with kids of all ages. Big kid attempted to climb up to go down the big kid slide. This was wonderful as his muscles are weak and he really needed to put an effort into it.

As he attempted to climb the ladder on the chains nana was helping him when a little boy climbs next to him and encourages Big kid telling him "you can do it! It's ok I got your back" the kid is half of big kid's size. I was so happy that this boy befriended my kid and they continued to play together. He got big kid to do things he wouldn't normally do.

It's bringing tears to my eyes that my son had a "friend". Before we left the park, the boy gave us his phone number. He wants big kid to call him.

It was such a wonderful sweet day. I'm happy to know there are caring kids out there. Big kid is not the fastest, most athletic kid but he's loving and caring and funny. Thank you Ishmael for making a difference in my boys life!

I will make an effort to get the boys together for play dates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day - Special Needs Edition

Lessons I’ve learned from my Son with Special Needs in 2017

Weekend Getaway - Without the Kids